"When your day seems topsy turvey
And as stormy as can be
There's nothing quite as tranquil
As a nice hot cup of tea


While you savor this ambrosia
Your problems fade away
Its warmth will bring you comfort
And brighten up your day


So take a private moment
There's a calmness as you'll see
All because you briefly stopped
To sip a cup of tea."


- Anonymous

January 25, 2008

15

15 for 15

I've finally made a decision. 15 Green Chefs. Sounds like the start of a joke. Anyway, this is Grist's list of what they call, "15 eco-conscious chefs". I found it fitting. For more 15 "greens" click here.

So I was wondering, "what does it take to make this list?"

After reading this list, it seems to me, you must not only turn to locally grown produce, but begin to rethink consumption. It takes innovation. It requires our "fast food nation" to revolutionize, like Dan Barber, cooking as an expression of the surrounding countrysides.

For this Friday, a recipe from number 6. I'm a "psuedo-atkin-er" so I would substitute the puff pastry for a lower carb alternative.

My Old Man’s Superb Chicken

I recommend pairing with simple spinach.

For more recipes check his website.

No comments:

.
.
.
eXTReMe Tracker