"When your day seems topsy turvey
And as stormy as can be
There's nothing quite as tranquil
As a nice hot cup of tea


While you savor this ambrosia
Your problems fade away
Its warmth will bring you comfort
And brighten up your day


So take a private moment
There's a calmness as you'll see
All because you briefly stopped
To sip a cup of tea."


- Anonymous

January 20, 2008

flavour of the week


Sunday's relaxation rivaled work, or at least for a while. And for the past couple of weeks I produced Debbie Davis' "Dollar Diva" radio show. Debbie is the owner of Dexter Mortgage and an experienced local broker. "Dollar Diva" was born, in the fall, as a means to answer listeners' questions regarding real estate, investing, and mortgage.

I had never actively listened to her show until now. I figured it was for more "grown up" people. But, after each new week, I started to realize that I could benefit from what she had to say. The most memorable part of the show, and the reason for this post, were her tips. She mostly focused on saving money, but many of the principles were applicable to other aspects of my life. So, it is, with that inspiration, that I decided to devote this Sunday's post to a few websites related to "saving."

Saving Money. Saving Energy.
More on Energy
Why Save Trees?

And, taking it one step further I wondered, "If each day of the week had a flavor what would it be?"

My Mondays - Black tea, like most breakfasts...it starts my week.
Green,my favorite, my Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Wednesdays, the longer of the days, would taste of Oolong, the tea with a little boost of caffeine (of course not as much as Mondays').
Fridays' flavor, White. It's when I begin to slow down.
And my weekends, Herbals... hopefully relaxing.

No comments:

.
.
.
eXTReMe Tracker