"When your day seems topsy turvey
And as stormy as can be
There's nothing quite as tranquil
As a nice hot cup of tea


While you savor this ambrosia
Your problems fade away
Its warmth will bring you comfort
And brighten up your day


So take a private moment
There's a calmness as you'll see
All because you briefly stopped
To sip a cup of tea."


- Anonymous

January 22, 2008

a riddle


It's the #1 most searched word by yahoo users.
It's central to today's New York Time's article.
It's brown and white and ingested all over.
What is it?

As I finish my Diet Coke, I search the internet for breaking news stories, mainly sports, and there, I uncover my next post. "Caffine Probably Tied to Miscarriages." This article, like most on caffeine, caught my attention. With the empty can on my desk as a constant reminder that it isn't even 30 minutes into my day and already I've fed my caffeine addiction, I continue reading the article. I'll claim I need it "to study" but I'm not sure how much longer I can exhaust this excuse. And, the irony here is that while I'm not expecting, I have, recently, heard news.

Anyway, after reading this article by Denise Grady, I was more confused. Completing a few social research classes in my college career, I felt the study was flawed. Thus, I decided this shouldn't be a post topic at all. I began looking for other stories. I decided to search the anti-google, yahoo. And now, coming full circle, the riddle:

It's the #1 most searched word by yahoo users.
It's central to today's New York Time's article.
It's brown and white and drank all over.
What is it?

Well by now you should know it's caffeine, a drug that effects close to 90% of the population. To find out more on caffeine, check out the websites below:

Teens Health
Mixed Pictures
More Caffeine and Pregnancy


My name is Chelsea, and I'm addicted to Caffeine.

1 comment:

Alex Worsham said...

Thanks for the link :)

.
.
.
eXTReMe Tracker