"When your day seems topsy turvey
And as stormy as can be
There's nothing quite as tranquil
As a nice hot cup of tea


While you savor this ambrosia
Your problems fade away
Its warmth will bring you comfort
And brighten up your day


So take a private moment
There's a calmness as you'll see
All because you briefly stopped
To sip a cup of tea."


- Anonymous

January 17, 2008

is recycling a "dyeing" trend?


Being a college student I don't have the space to recycle properly. Yes, I typed space. Not time. I tried to recycle. I figured all I needed to do was separate my plastics from my glass, but I was wrong. Apparently you must further separate your glass by color. This means that Coronas can't mix with Bud Lights. I don't have the space to have twenty different bins in which to separate my trash.

So, I can't help but wonder, with all these rules and regulations, "is recycling a dying trend?"

In the outstanding schools systems of America, I managed to learn, like everyone else, the 4Rs. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle... uh, Pass the TAAS test? See that's what's wrong with our schools. We get a watered down education. So maybe there are only 3Rs. Maybe we're just lazy. Maybe?

I believe environmental problems, along with a handful of other issues, should be addressed first, at the private level, then the local level, then the state level, and only as a last resort the federal level. Environmental policy should be based up on the protection of the individual and private property. We can see what happens when the federal government gets involved...



Curbside Recycling

College Station

No comments:

.
.
.
eXTReMe Tracker