"When your day seems topsy turvey
And as stormy as can be
There's nothing quite as tranquil
As a nice hot cup of tea


While you savor this ambrosia
Your problems fade away
Its warmth will bring you comfort
And brighten up your day


So take a private moment
There's a calmness as you'll see
All because you briefly stopped
To sip a cup of tea."


- Anonymous

February 5, 2008

banana pancakes


Writer's block. Wait, I'm writing about writer's block? Well, that's a whole new blog. Anyway, censoring and editing myself has led to less than inspired posts for the last couple of days. I don't think I've been able to truly communicate the environment and pop culture's relationship. "Going green" maybe be like buying Ugg boots, but I want to believe it is more than an image. I want to trust that celebrities adopt this policy because they genuinely feel it has profound effects.

Even as I sit here sipping my tea, my cup reads "----bucks is committed to reducing our environmental impact through increased use of post-conumer recycled materials. Help us help the planet." The media perpetuates "their" image, but it also helps bring to light those who seriously want to change their lifestyles. It's a catch-22. Can you really judge an issue like environmentalism? If people are going green, because they want to convey this persona, the envrionment still wins. I'm not writing to compare and contrast. Is the media helpful or hurtful? Why do people adopt an environmentalist mentality? You can make that decision for yourself.


So now the real reason for today's post:

Jack Johnson.

What does he have to do with the environment? His album Sleep Through the Static, released today, was "recorded in Hawaii and Los Angeles using analog tape machines powered by solar energy."


No comments:

.
.
.
eXTReMe Tracker