"When your day seems topsy turvey
And as stormy as can be
There's nothing quite as tranquil
As a nice hot cup of tea


While you savor this ambrosia
Your problems fade away
Its warmth will bring you comfort
And brighten up your day


So take a private moment
There's a calmness as you'll see
All because you briefly stopped
To sip a cup of tea."


- Anonymous

February 29, 2008

to-do's and to-don'ts

It's almost time for yoga and most of the world is still asleep. Everything's so still, so quiet. With a fresh pot of coffee, I watch the sun rise. The air is cool, but it doesn't quite feel like February. As I sit here typing I realize this is the only time that I allow myself to slow down. My calendar is full of to-do's and I don't take the time to reflect.

I've been sick for a week now, and I've really only wanted to eat dry cereal. It's a default; back to a child-like tendency.


Cheerio® Bars



Prep Time:15 min
Start to Finish:45 min
Makes:15 bars

1/4 cup butter or margarine
4 cups miniature marshmallows or 1 bag (10 oz) regular marshmallows
6 cups Cheerios® cereal
1 cup salted peanuts (optional)

1. Spray 9-inch square pan with cooking spray; spray back of large spoon with cooking spray.
2. In 3-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add marshmallows; cook until melted, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Gently stir in cereals and peanuts.
3. Press in pan with back of sprayed spoon. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. For bars, cut into 3 rows by 5 rows; wrap individually in plastic wrap.


Tips from the kitchen
Variation:
Try Honey Nut Cheerios®, Frosted Cheerios® or Corn Chex® cereal.

For more Recipes check out cheerios.com.

No comments:

.
.
.
eXTReMe Tracker